Tuesday, June 16, 2009

UGH! UPDATE!

So, I do not do a good job of updating this mug. It seems like day in and day out, the same schedule comes and goes - going on campus from 12-2pm to talk to French students about a God they don't seem interested in. This week, as our team has begun to deconstruct what we've learned this year and debrief our time "in country", we can see the truth of the joy it's been to simply observe what God is doing here, regardless of being a part of it or not. This past Sunday at my church, two babies were dedicated in the morning, followed by a potluck supper and then FOUR BAPTISMS! I have witnessed many baptisms this year at my church but this one included two students from Crusade in France that got dunked. It was really a sweet moment, especially since I was holding a babe, but a sweet moment nonetheless of the church coming together as a whole to celebrate the arrival of three sisters and one brother into the family of God. These last few weeks have been exhausting since finding out all the minutia that must be executed in order to leave this country. My official fly home date is July 15...and I GOT A JOB! I got hired by Tuscaloosa City Schools to teach French between Central and Bryant! So excited and trying not to apartment shop too much from over here. Trying to focus on the task at hand, on loving and serving my team that remains. Larry left almost three weeks ago and Kat and Rachel leave this weekend. I feel so sad and yet so happy at the same time. Happy to go home but sad to leave. I'm just one big emotional contradiction. You could say I'm in a glass case of emotion. So that is the update for now. I will try and ramble out some more sentences later. Thanks for reading. Oh, and PS, Derek Webb is doing some very intriguing things for his record Stockholm Syndrome. You should check it out.

No comments: