Ugh. I hate the Man. During this, my first year of teaching, I have thought of School of Rock many times. As stated by Jack Black...
The world is in fact run by the Man. And I wish the Man wasn't the one in charge. I wish politics weren't as controlling in education as they are. I'm frustrated because of my job situation - between two schools which have no principal for next year until the board meeting in two weeks. How are we supposed to lead with no leader? This has been such an unusual year.
My principal at one school left in January. My other principal might be transferred. My system is run by politics. How do I/we as educators make that change? How do we bring the focus back on the kids rather than making the parents happy?
On the flip side, I did find an apartment this week and am waiting to here about the final approval! I feel like such an adult and a survivor, especially after this first year. I feel like a grown-up because I was going over my budget last night for next year. I'm excited about the possibility of a new place, my first apartment to myself. I'm excited about attending the Linguascope Conference this summer and getting some time to reflect in France, which I will blog about as well. I end with blog post with a bad taste in my mouth. I will miss you, principals. And the Man, I will always try to be sticking you back.
No comments:
Post a Comment