This week has been a week when I need to grab hold of the promises of God, His promises to preserve me, promises to prosper and not harm me, promises of His best being better than even an inkling of my idea of somewhat good. This French song is one I cling to and pray God would show me what is keeping me where I am on this terrestial ball. The lyrics may be a downer, so I'll post the French first and then a translation underneath. Here's the chorus:
Racontez-moi
Quel est ce lien qui me tient vivant dans ce monde
Rassurez-moi
Si les douleurs nous rendaient meilleurs
Racontez-moi...
Je serre encore les poings et je crie pour demain,
et je crie pour demain
The chorus says
Tell me, what is the bond that keeps me living in this world? Reassure me this pain will make us better.
Then the bridge says
Again, I clench my fists and cry for tomorrow, I cry for tomorrow.
I know that's a heavy song, but it helps me cope sometimes. It's a blessing to know the Lord meets us where we are. The Lord wants to be our Comforter, ur Healer, our Blessed Controller of All Things. And Christ died so that God could be our Heavenly Father. So when things don't make sense or I think too long about the human suffering, depravity and destitution in this world, I ask God to reassure me that this pain does serve a heavenly, eternal purpose. He knows it hurts. He's there to help us through it. And it ultimately will render us better than before. But it still hurts.
No comments:
Post a Comment