Tuesday, August 9, 2011

99 Problems...

Let me just list some of my problems today, the last day before the students come back. It felt like the packing scene in Home Alone 2!

Moved into smaller classroom at one school this year and must fit three more desks into it, making a total of 27 teenagers in a small space. Bit of a panic attack.
Internet cable cut by absent-minded construction workers...for second bloody time this year.
Computer A is still not finished re-imaging itself from this summer, therefore useless. Cannot submit tech support ticket due to lack of website working, plus no internet access to submit ticket anywho.
Computer B has no printer. Plus no projector available at school. Yet class set of iPads are available this year!
Did I mention new schedule/roster software is web-based, therefore making it impossible to access via internet?
New lesson plan format at one school has yet to be determined/officially introduced while other school has not told us where to turn in lesson plans because, again, new software is web-based, and web was cut.
Afternoon meeting unbeknownst to me due to failure of Computer A.
Black mold found in classroom next door.
Textbooks still need to be assigned to students, but, I have no roster due to new software being web-based and therefore, again, unavailable.
Found out I have classroom at other school which is HUGE! First time ever! Yet, told YESTERDAY, therefore, scrambling to get it together and then found friend who graciously spent two hours cleaning desks and bookshelves and helping me put up posters. She is my eternal leveler, always telling me when a picture is straight or not.

So, I will probably awake in a cold sweat tomorrow morning and fear I forgot to have something but I am past that point. Enjoying Taco Casa and watching Sherlock. Highly recommend it but NOT Baker Street Museum. Not worth your time nor money.

No comments: