Saturday, September 3, 2016

Haters Gonna Hate

In the world of college football, Alabama is the team everyone loves to hate. We win and we look great doing it. Fierce, some would say. Our defense is fleek and we slay with our offense.

Since moving to Lousiana in June, I have been insulted for merely graduating from the University of Alabama. At church. By someone I met for the first time.

Lady I've never met before: "So did you go to LSU?"
Me: "No. I went to Alabama."
Lady: "That's unfortunate."
Me: " I don't think so." (followed by a death stare from me)

Again, this was AT. CHURCH. And I've gone to church with Auburn fans and not been hated as much.

A colleague at work thinks I hate him because he dogged me about Bama from day one. He's said he'll lay off. But he also said he was entitled to hate me from the beginning because I went to Bama.

Which begs the question - Why hate me because I went to Bama? I enjoyed my education at the University of Alabama and the gameday culture of my town. I moved back to Tuscaloosa after I worked in France to teach. I've lived in Tuscaloosa longer than I lived in Birmingham. I love Ttown. 

So why hate Bama, LSU? So much unrelenting hate for something so petty.

Nick Saban left you. He left you to go to THE MIAMI DOLPHINS. Not Bama. And then, in my humble opinion, Teri didn't like not living in a college town, so Saban came to Bama. And he's been building a killer program ever since. He's the reason I had an extra senior year. That 5th year was so glorious, especially after Mike Shula. Bama was getting back to where we should be. All was right in the world, especially because we were able to beat Auburn again.

So why are haters gonna hate? Because Bama is the Taylor Swift of the NCAA.

         

We win ALL THE AWARDS. We look totes gorge doing it.



I mean FIERCE. We slay the competition with our fabulousity. 


We are friends with people who are a big deal.











We stick up for friends in public when they get called out. 
We support them and their side of the story.




We donate money to worthy causes and encourage others to help the community.





We've got a long list of ex-lovers. We've dated some real losers and broke up with them when the relationship went sour, including one guy who was hired and fired within a span of 4 months for going to strip club with his son and charging the University for it. 
And we are never ever ever getting back together.

But now we've found our Thomas Hiddleston of sorts. And our love is STRONG. We've met the parents. We've enjoyed trips together, several trips, especially an annual trip in December and January.




So the haters are gonna hate. We'll just shake it off. And win National Championship 17.

Let's do this, NSwizzle.

No comments: